- No 1 of a limited production run of just 30 based on BMW's M240i
- Built by AC Schnitzer/BMW to celebrate their 30th Anniversary
- This is the 400bhp Essen Motor Show press car
- Presented in satin-finish Military Green and distinguished by a 10-piece ACL2S wide bodykit, carbon fibre front spoiler, lower front splitter, carbon fibre racing wing with Gurney flap, roof spoiler, quad sports exhaust with black ceramic tail pipes, RS adjustable suspension, and bespoke 19 forged-alloy wheels
- Fabulous interior featuring colour-coded panels, AC Schnitzer steering wheel, alloy pedal set, Recaro Sportster CS heated front seats, all retrimmed in Racing Green and black leather and displaying the ACL2S branding.
- Purchased directly from the stand at Essen before being first registered in the UK on 01/02/2019 with just one recorded keeper since. Present mileage just 7,253km
- With an original build cost in the region of €120,000, this 'Weapons Grade' head-turner is on offer at a fraction of its original cost. Simply stunning.
In 2017, AC Schnitzer celebrated its 30th Anniversary and to mark the occasion produced a limited-edition based on a left-hand-drive BMW M240i with appropriately just 30 examples leaving the factory. Launched at The Geneva Motor Show that same year, it was particularly well received and was, in fact, awarded Sportscar of the Year 2017 in the small and compact car class.
Christened the ACL 2S, there is hardly an inch of the original M240i that hasnt been touched by the AC Schnitzer 'Magic Wand'. The 3-litre, twin-turbo, inline-six now generates 400bhp compared to the, not exactly underpowered, 340bhp of the 240i and torque is similarly increased from 500 to 600Nm. The impressive upgrades include a 10-piece ACL2S wide body kit, carbon fibre front spoiler, lower front splitter, carbon fibre racing wing with Gurney strip, roof spoiler, quad sports exhaust with black ceramic tail pipes, and RS adjustable suspension. The car is painted a distinctive matte/satin-finish Military Green and sits on 19 forged-alloy wheels finished in Black and Gold, the latter colour picking up the ACL 2S branding around the car. The interior features colour coded panels some of which are additional to the ACL2S spec, AC Schnitzer sculpted steering wheel, alloy pedal set, Recaro Sportster CS heated front seats, all retrimmed in Racing Green and black leather with Lime Green stitching.
We understand that this particular vehicle was Number 1 of the 30 cars and was purchased directly from the stand at Essen before being first registered in the UK on 01/02/2019 with just one recorded keeper since. The current indicated mileage is just 7,253km.
This little 'Military Grade' German ' rocket ship is in superb condition and with its distinctive looks and dramatic hue will turn heads anywhere. The ACL 2S is unlikely to be repeated ever again and all thirty have been sold or are in private collections so this is a real opportunity for the serious collector or BMW aficionado.
Post a Comment